Here at Portlebay we are always looking for ways to enjoy the snacks we love in a quicker, easier and healthier way, and this week food blogger and nutritional therapist Molly Buszard (mollybhealthy) has provided us with the perfect solution! For more health inspiration check out Molly’s Instagram for a few top tips!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bites
My two favourite ingredients, popcorn and peanut butter, made into delicious crunchy sweet and salty bites! A really simple recipe to make with only 4 ingredients, perfect for a tasty snack to enjoy throughout the week.
2 packs of Portlebay Salty Popcorn
30g Coconut Oil
120g Crunchy Peanut Butter
70g Honey or Maple Syrup
1. In a saucepan add the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey.
2. Leave to simmer while continuously stirring, being careful not to let the mixture burn and separate.
3. Once melted and mixed together, take off the heat.
4. Add in your popcorn into the pan, slightly crunching with your hands to break it up a little.
5. Stir together until the mixture has coated all the popcorn.
6. In a square tin lined with parchment/baking paper, pour in the mixture.
7. Use a spatula to press down the mixture hard so that it is evenly spread out and holds together.
8. Pop into the fridge for around 40-60 minutes until set.
9. Bring out, cut into small squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.