Makes | 8-10 popcorn balls (depending on if you’d like them bite-sized, or if “gob-smacker” is more your style)
Prep | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 10 minutes
Ready in | 30 minutes
Over Easter we showed you some of our beautifully sculpted and oh so easy to make popcorn balls! They could not be simpler to recreate, and you can let your imagination run wild with any littles extras you’d like to top them with.
- 75g of butter
- 75g bag of Portlebay Popcorn
- 120g of mini marshmallows (plus extra for nibbling)
- Food colouring of your choice, and any extras you desire
- Melt the butter gently in a large saucepan under a medium heat, and then add the mini marshmallows.
- Keep stirring marshmallows as they mix with the butter, until they’ve fully mixed together. If you think the mixture is still too oily, add a few more marshmallows to the mix (provided you haven’t gobbled them up already).
- Take the mixture off the heat, and pour into a mixing bowl. Now’s the time to get creative! Add your favourite food colouring, dried fruit, chopped buts, rainbow drops, whatever! The world is your oyster…but not seafood, pretty sure that would be horrible.
- Once that is mixed together, bundle in your popcorn and make sure to coat every last kernel with your glorious concoction. The mixture should be slightly hardening by now, so this is an excellent time to start working on your Michelle Obama arms.
- Once it is fully coated, use some of the butter to rub on your hands, and start moulding into balls.
- Place on to greaseproof paper, and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. Once they are keeping their shape, they are ready to enjoy!