Here’s one way to fizz up a classic pudding! Anna from scrumptiousandnutritious created this beautiful cheesecake using our Lemon Sherbet popcorn and we think its perfect, especially when topped off with some pretty summer flowers! Check out her Instagram for more fruity food inspiration!
Popcorn Lemon Cheesecake
250g Digestive Biscuits
2 Bags Portlebay Lemon Sherbert Popcorn
300g Lemon and Lime Marmalade
3 tbs chocolate curls
- Mix all the digestives and 2/3 of a bag of Portlebay popcorn in a food processor. Crush the remaining 1/3 bag with your hands and mix into the crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix into the biscuit and popcorn mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and press the mixture down until it’s all flat.
- Combine the mascarpone with the juice and rinds from the lemons and chocolate swirls, then stir well.
- Melt 200g marmalade with a couple of tablespoons of water, keep stirring until it becomes smooth. Then mix in with the mascarpone.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit and popcorn base and spread it out to the edges.
- Melt 100g of marmalade with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth, then pour on top of the cheesecake
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge and leave to set for 24 hours.
- Once set, decorate the cheesecake with the rest of the chocolate swirls and a bag of Portlebay Lemon Sherbert Popcorn!
Recently, Portlebay Popcorn asked me to create a recipe with their popcorn, and I just had to say yes! Popcorn is one of my favourite snacks and their delicious and innovative flavours were just too good to not try. I wanted to use one of the more unusual flavours and what is more exciting than lemon sherbet popcorn? Therefore, these chocolate lemon biscuit bites were formed.
I am not going to lie to you, this was one of those recipes where I just made it up as I went along and it turned out pretty darn good. A cheesecake style biscuit base with a chewy lemon cashew middle and a crispy chocolate topping. But of course the crème de la crème of this recipe is the lemon sherbet popcorn, that proudly sits on top.
Ingredients: Makes 9 bites
- 100g Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tsp Lemon Extract (can adapt to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Flour (or Ground Almonds works well too)
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Digestive biscuits
- 75g Butter
- Start by mixing together the cashew butter, coconut, lemon extract and coconut flour in a bowl.
- If the mixture is a little thick you can add a splash of water and mix again.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water – be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl crush the digestives with a rolling pin until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add to the biscuit crumb. Mix together until the biscuit is coated in butter and sticking together.
- Evenly distribute the biscuit mix between 9 round silicon moulds – press it into the bottom.
- Next add 1tsp of cashew mixture onto the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Finally add a spoonful of melted chocolate to the top and then a sprinkle of Portlebay Lemon Sherbet Popcorn.
- Leave to set in the freezer for about 30 mins before tucking in!
Don’t forget to checkout Fran’s gorgeous Instagram page and blog for many more delicious and creative recipes, they’re amazing!