Hi, I’m Emma, one of those ‘creative people’ now living in Devon… I spend my days blogging about Devon, photographing anything and everything, creating gifts, giving social media advice and trying to get to the beach with my Cyprus rescue dog, Lola and husband Mike! I quit the corporate world 18 months ago and never looked back! Based just outside Salcombe, I love nothing more than a windy beach walk or a day on the water, always camera in hand, trying to get that perfect Insta shot! You can find my insta page here: @emmathedevongirl
How I Ended up in Devon
My family moved to Devon from The Cotswolds in 2010. I stayed in the Cotswolds with my now husband and focused on working my way up the corporate ladder, until I started craving open seas and a more creative life. I packed my bags and quit my job in 2016 and off to Devon I went. After spending my summers at our Devon holiday home as a teenager, it really felt like I was heading back to Devon for a big holiday, the only difference this time, I still haven’t left! Time goes so fast down here, one minute you have a road completely to yourself in the middle of a frosty winter and the next you are picking the smallest lanes to try and avoid the tourists in summer! I have never worked harder, or been happier in my life!
Living a Devon life is something people talk about, even dream about. More and more people want to quit the rat-race in favour of a more simple life in the country, I am so lucky to be able to do this in my 20’s. I want to share this experience with the world, show everyone how wonderful Devon is, get them to come here on holiday or even get them to catch the bug and move here!
My Favourite spots in Devon
South Milton Sands is my go-to beach in the winter, but its just too busy nowadays in the summer, I often head to some of the other nearby beaches, such as Bigbury, North Sands or Bantham to mix it up a little!
Salcombe is one of my favourites places to wonder around – if you can get a parking space! It, again, gets pretty busy over the summer holidays, but there is so much to do and there really is something for everyone. I like to take the ferry over to the other side of the estuary and walk across the coast path to Gara Rock.
Another spot that I like is Noss Mayo. I recently visit this charming place, it was so pretty and the food in The Ship Inn (a very nice pub) was pretty tasty!
I’m a true Devon cream tea girl – cream then a little jam on top! I also live for the sausage rolls at The Bake House in Salcombe and their salted caramel brownies! I am a great fan of finding new Devon based products, such as Portlebay Popcorn!
Have little sneak peak at my blog to find out even more about Devon, maybe you’ll discover a new place to go and explore? www.devongirl.co.uk
Is Valentine’s Day a romantic evening for you and your loved one? Perhaps you and your bestie are going on a date night or having a cosy night in, watching movies and eating anything and everything that is delicious? Whatever your plans may or may not be, we have the perfect opportunity to make your Valentine’s Day that little bit more special!
We are offering a box of our tasty popcorn to three lucky ‘V’ Day winners! To be in with a chance of winning a box, keep your eyes peeled for our Valentine’s post on our social media platforms, (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) and make sure you follow the instructions! Good luck lovers!
The competition T&Cs
- Portlebay Popcorn Company Ltd (reg no. 10551352) whose registered office is at The Poppery, Unit 7, Meadow Close, Langage, Plympton, PL7 5EX.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, except employees of Portlebay Popcorn Company and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition, whose entrants are null and void.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person, per platform. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 14th February at 5pm – 30 hours after the competition post has launched on social media, at which time the winner will be announced. No further entries to the competition will be permitted after the 30-hour period has concluded.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Like the Portlebay Popcorn account (Instagram only), Tag your Popcorn Partner, Like the competition image.
- Any comments or interaction featuring scenes of violence, nudity, substance abuse, pornographic images or images used to incite hatred will be blocked and banned from the competition.
- Portlebay Popcorn Company Ltd. reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Portlebay Popcorn.
- Portlebay Popcorn is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize consists of one sample box containing 8 packets of Portlebay Popcorn. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winners will be chosen at random and verified by Portlebay Popcorn.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Portlebay Popcorn will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- Portlebay Popcorn’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Portlebay Popcorn and not to any other party.