Here’s one way to fizz up a classic pudding! Anna from scrumptiousandnutritious created this beautiful cheesecake using our Lemon Sherbet popcorn and we think its perfect, especially when topped off with some pretty summer flowers! Check out her Instagram for more fruity food inspiration!
Popcorn Lemon Cheesecake
250g Digestive Biscuits
2 Bags Portlebay Lemon Sherbert Popcorn
300g Lemon and Lime Marmalade
3 tbs chocolate curls
- Mix all the digestives and 2/3 of a bag of Portlebay popcorn in a food processor. Crush the remaining 1/3 bag with your hands and mix into the crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix into the biscuit and popcorn mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and press the mixture down until it’s all flat.
- Combine the mascarpone with the juice and rinds from the lemons and chocolate swirls, then stir well.
- Melt 200g marmalade with a couple of tablespoons of water, keep stirring until it becomes smooth. Then mix in with the mascarpone.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit and popcorn base and spread it out to the edges.
- Melt 100g of marmalade with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth, then pour on top of the cheesecake
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge and leave to set for 24 hours.
- Once set, decorate the cheesecake with the rest of the chocolate swirls and a bag of Portlebay Lemon Sherbert Popcorn!
Talented food photographer Natalie (Thephotographerstable) came up with this beautifully creative vegan alternative to rocky roads! A perfect little bundle of popcorn, sugar and happiness all rapped up in a rustic string! These little parcels are perfect as gifts or just for enjoying with friends!
VEGAN POPCORN ROCKY ROAD
1 bar of Dark Chocolate
1 pack of Portlebay Popcorn Lightly Salted
100g Glace Cherries
100g Vegan Biscuits
1. Melt the Chocolate in a bain marie.
2. Add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix well
3. Allow to set in a lined square tin
4. Cut into tasty chunks and enjoy!
Here at Portlebay we are always looking for ways to enjoy the snacks we love in a quicker, easier and healthier way, and this week food blogger and nutritional therapist Molly Buszard (mollybhealthy) has provided us with the perfect solution! For more health inspiration check out Molly’s Instagram for a few top tips!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bites
My two favourite ingredients, popcorn and peanut butter, made into delicious crunchy sweet and salty bites! A really simple recipe to make with only 4 ingredients, perfect for a tasty snack to enjoy throughout the week.
2 packs of Portlebay Salty Popcorn
30g Coconut Oil
120g Crunchy Peanut Butter
70g Honey or Maple Syrup
1. In a saucepan add the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey.
2. Leave to simmer while continuously stirring, being careful not to let the mixture burn and separate.
3. Once melted and mixed together, take off the heat.
4. Add in your popcorn into the pan, slightly crunching with your hands to break it up a little.
5. Stir together until the mixture has coated all the popcorn.
6. In a square tin lined with parchment/baking paper, pour in the mixture.
7. Use a spatula to press down the mixture hard so that it is evenly spread out and holds together.
8. Pop into the fridge for around 40-60 minutes until set.
9. Bring out, cut into small squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
There’s no baking, it’s easy peasy and it’s delicious…how could you not make this marvellous cake from dessert heaven?!
Before we dive into the cake making action, we must first introduce you to Jessie, the mastermind behind this lemon-y delight. Jessie is all about blogging, baking & picture taking! Her main mission is to make delicious bites but also keep them as healthy as possible (she’s a hero in our eyes!) To find some more of her bakes and recipes head over to her Instagram page here!
- 200g Biscuits (of your choice!)
- 100g Butter
- 500g Mascarpone
- 75g Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 25g Portlebay Popcorn Lemon Sherbet
Making The Cake!
- Crush the biscuits & melt the butter: mix & combine well, then press into a 6” loose bottomed cake tin
- Top layer: Whip the Mascarpone & sugar and add 3 tbsp lemon juice to the mixture
- Layer the Mascarpone mixture on top of the biscuit base
- Refrigerate until set.
- Once set, top with a bag of Lemon Sherbet popcorn and
If you enjoyed this rather yummy recipe, you may also enjoy Debbie’s Salted Caramel Popcorn Cake too!
Pork Popcorn Meatballs? We know popcorn isn’t a typical ingredient when it comes to meatball making but Jessie of Jessie Bakes recently experimented with our Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup popcorn and her meatballs look tiptop tasty!
What you need to make these Pork Popcorn Meatballs:
(Makes 30 small meatballs!)
- 25g Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup Portlebay Popcorn (one small ba
- 500g pork mince
- 1/2 onion thinly diced
- 1 egg
- Tbsp Oregano
- Tbsp Nigella Seeds
What To Do:
- Add your mince, diced onion, herbs and egg into a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Roll the mixture into meatballs, up to you how big or small!
- Grab a pestle and mortar; grind the popcorn into smaller pieces.
- Coat your meatballs in the popcorn, akin to bread crumbs.
- Fry or baked until cooked! Tah-Dah your done!
For more delicious Jessie-style recipes, checkout @jessie_bakes_on Instagram! You may also like the look of Sesame and Tamari Stir Fry Topped With Wasabi and Ginger Popcorn have a peek at the recipe!
To tantalise your taste buds this week, thirteen year old food blogger from little beans kitchen created this cooling summer treat! A yummy mix of banana and chocolatey flavours topped off with popcorn and peanuts- the perfect bowl of ‘nice cream’!
Cacao & Banana Rocky Road ‘Nice Cream’ with chocolate coated popcorn and peanuts
(By little beans kitchen)
Banana nice cream
•2 frozen bananas
•1-2 tbsp of cacao powder
•A splash of almond milk
-Simply place all ingredients into a blender
and blend till smooth.
-Then place into freezer if it’s too runny
For the rocky road popcorn & peanut mix
•1 bag of Portlebay sweet and salty popcorn
•Vegan chocolate of your choice, add as much of this as you want (depends how chocolate coated you want the mix)
•Roasted peanuts 1-2 Handfuls
-Melt the chocolate and mix in the popcorn and peanuts then place in to a tub
– leave to set in fridge for an hour or two
Finally bring it all together by either mixing the popcorn and peanut butter mix into the nice cream before freezing or you can sprinkle the mix on after the nice cream is frozen and put it into bowls.
The delightful Sarah, of the blog Mummy Fuel, whipped up this delicious recipe for Sweet Potato Cacao Brownies, that are both gluten and flour free! It’s a super easy and super scrumptious combo, the perfect homemade treat!
- 1 cup steamed then mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop cacao protein powder
- 1 scoop raw cacao
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp choc shot
- Dash almond milk
- 25g pack of Portlebay PopcornSweet & Salty
- Mix all but the popcorn together in a large bowl.
- Pop the mixture in the oven and bake for 30 mins on 180C.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with Portlebay Popcorn and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this tasty brownie why not have a peak at our Mocha Popcorn Rocky Road recipe too!