Talented food photographer Natalie (Thephotographerstable) came up with this beautifully creative vegan alternative to rocky roads! A perfect little bundle of popcorn, sugar and happiness all rapped up in a rustic string! These little parcels are perfect as gifts or just for enjoying with friends!
VEGAN POPCORN ROCKY ROAD
1 bar of Dark Chocolate
1 pack of Portlebay Popcorn Lightly Salted
100g Glace Cherries
100g Vegan Biscuits
1. Melt the Chocolate in a bain marie.
2. Add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix well
3. Allow to set in a lined square tin
4. Cut into tasty chunks and enjoy!
Here at Portlebay we are always looking for ways to enjoy the snacks we love in a quicker, easier and healthier way, and this week food blogger and nutritional therapist Molly Buszard (mollybhealthy) has provided us with the perfect solution! For more health inspiration check out Molly’s Instagram for a few top tips!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bites
My two favourite ingredients, popcorn and peanut butter, made into delicious crunchy sweet and salty bites! A really simple recipe to make with only 4 ingredients, perfect for a tasty snack to enjoy throughout the week.
2 packs of Portlebay Salty Popcorn
30g Coconut Oil
120g Crunchy Peanut Butter
70g Honey or Maple Syrup
1. In a saucepan add the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey.
2. Leave to simmer while continuously stirring, being careful not to let the mixture burn and separate.
3. Once melted and mixed together, take off the heat.
4. Add in your popcorn into the pan, slightly crunching with your hands to break it up a little.
5. Stir together until the mixture has coated all the popcorn.
6. In a square tin lined with parchment/baking paper, pour in the mixture.
7. Use a spatula to press down the mixture hard so that it is evenly spread out and holds together.
8. Pop into the fridge for around 40-60 minutes until set.
9. Bring out, cut into small squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
For all the missers of Mingles and lovers of the humble After Eight, this is a festive treat you would be simply silly not to have! Put an extra indulgent touch to your Christmas movie time with this easy popcorn treat.
To make at home, you will need the following:
- 250g of chocolate (we used white, but you can have whatever tickles your fancy)
- 2 candy canes, plus an extra for dusting
- Peppermint extract
- At least 1 packets of Sweet & Salty Portlebay Popcorn, 75g
- Bash up the candy canes into chunks, like they’ve just told you “Gravy has no place in a Christmas dinner”. This is best done in a plastic sandwich bag using a rolling pin to break up the pieces. Make sure you leave enough nice big chunks to decorate the top!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, checking it at 1 minutes intervals. Shouldn’t take any longer than 2 minutes!
- Once it’s lovely and runny, put 2 teaspoons of Peppermint Extract into the melted chocolate (or to taste), and stir in.
4. Empty your Sweet & Salty popcorn into a large mixing bowl, and pour in your peppermint mixture!
Now all you do is give a good stir, and split into bowls, or keep it all to yourself in the mixing bowl, it is Christmas after all!). Use the last of the candy cane chunks to decorate the top!
If you’re not a fan of mint, try melting up some Terry’s Chocolate Orange, or slathering in Nutella for an even more luxurious treat! However you’re enjoying this festive season, make sure you’re eating only the very best!